Monday, September 12, 2011

Back Pains

I want to get back to regular blogging but have to get my back back to proper behavior.  First the semester hijacks my brain and energy, then my lower back starts hurting, and now it's in full blast mode of "I have trouble walking upright like the human I am."  But!  For once in my life I have health insurance that covers chiropractic care (I spent much too much of my adult life without any insurance at all) and while I enjoyed getting high on pain meds the last time this happened, I much prefer medical care that actually aims to improve one's health.   [A couple of years ago, when I couldn't get out of bed and ended up going to the ER (it was a Saturday), they gave me pain meds, something like strong ibuprofen, and sent me home.]  I never ever used the phrase "I feel so blessed" until my first chiropractic appointment this afternoon.

My lower back started hurting back in the ole' days when I waited tables to pay for college and life (alas, when in our twenties, we tend to hurt less for shorter periods of time).  I hated that job more than anything, no matter the restaurant I worked in and even the one where I adored my boss.  Aside from leaving me with several emotional scars, it's left me with chronic back and knee pain.  Thanks to those giant trays, I now have trouble walking up and down stairs without my knees making freaky creaking sounds.  As MY (I have one!) chiropractor (and new best friend) told me today, you are too young for this.  Here here! 

2 comments:

  1. Rest up! I hope you feel better. This post leaves me wondering what I have already done that I will rue later/soon in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I've been having one of those "I wish I knew then what I know now" moments all week!

    ReplyDelete