Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Twofer & Postscript

Trying to make up for lost blogging time and feeling inspired.  First of all, soon after I posted "some pole dancing," a friend shared a website with photos of creatively altered signage--signage which is otherwise harmless.  Here is where I found a play on the word polish.  Whoever did this has got my vote.
Then, while catching up on my Polish news, I found a fascinating story.   Near Wroclaw, a sizable city in western Poland, the police stopped an 18 year old with marijuana in his possession.  When asked where he got it, he told them that he found it in a nearby garden.  The police investigated and found a garden with about 17 pot plants growing almost as high (oh yeah!) as three meters.  The garden belongs to a 77 year old woman who apparently had no idea what it is that grew in her yard.  She keeps chickens who really enjoyed feeding on the plants and she saw no harm in them pecking on the greens.  The police confiscated the robust bushes, but now they have no idea what to do with the nice old lady.  The story was titled "She Fed Pot to Chickens."  The most informative of the short article's lines?  "The coop of hoot" (translation entirely mine).

Finally, as if "some dance pole" and a pot grandma weren't enough, just as I was checking the TV schedule for this week (which has like 50 million new shows on it), I saw the title for "The Millionaire Matchmaker" reality show episode: "The Plastic Surgeon and the Pole Dancer."  Now I'm wondering whether the universe is conspiring for me or against me cause, obviously, it's all about me, the ultimate Pole.

1 comment: