Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dumb Cinderella


It's only been a little over a week since I've been back and though I don't long for my granny telling me what to wear, there are already things I miss.  People, obviously.  My niece is growing so fast.  A couple of days before I left, I was reading Cinderella (Kopciuszek in Polish) to her and during the scene where the poor girl loses her slipper, Emilia says, "She shouldn't have worn heels.  She should have worn shoes that lace up."  No shit Cinderella! Note ladies, you wear no heels, you get no prince, and I'm never reading that story to her again.

I miss appropriately sized ice cream so you feel like you're eating dessert and not a meal (the Statue of Liberty flavor).
 
Wild blueberries the color of ink.
 
Waffles with powdered sugar for dessert (to go!).
Smoked cheese, highlander style.

No comments:

Post a Comment